In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1frijol pinto masculinealubia pinta feminine Spainporoto pinto masculine Southern Cone
- Kidney and pinto beans have 4-6 grams of fiber per half-cup.
- Rita snapped around when she heard shuffling in the pinto beans.
- To make sure you're getting enough, eat two to three daily servings of lean protein, like chicken, fish, lentils, and kidney, navy, cannellini, and pinto beans.
- By 1981 the total irrigated acreage had increased to 40,000 acres, and crop diversification had added alfalfa, pinto beans, corn, and milo.
- They found that red beans ranked number one, followed by wild blueberries, red kidney beans, pinto beans, and cultivated blueberries.
- No matter where your tastes take you, serve the tostada with pinto beans and Mexican rice for a satisfying weeknight fiesta.
- She dines on such delicacies as turkey a la king and ‘down home’ ham and pinto beans.
- Soy and pinto beans, walnuts, and flaxseed are good sources of PUFAs, as are vegetables such as leeks and purslane.
- In a published report, he concluded that ‘manure that contains either [antibiotic] should not be applied to sandy loam soil just before pinto beans, and possibly other seed legumes, are planted.’
- Legumes such as lentils, black-eyed peas, soybeans, chickpeas, kidney beans, navy beans, pinto beans and black beans are lowfat, filling and loaded with fiber, protein and carbs.
- Most entrées include a clay pot of aromatic, beer-marinated pinto beans laced with jalapeños, a decent scoop of tomato-touched white rice and shredded lettuce topped with pico de gallo.
- I would like a steak burrito, no rice, pinto beans with sour cream and cheese, and a small coke.
- Foods that are high in fiber include black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans and many vegetables, such as broccoli and peas.
- They process corn, popcorn, soybeans, and wheat, as well as amaranth, millet and dry edible beans such as navy beans, black turtle beans, pinto beans and great northern beans.
- There are pinto beans spiked with meaty bacon that just want a lick of salt.
- I went to make penne in vodka tomato sauce the other night and all I had was 1/2 box of whole wheat penne and a can of pinto beans.
- They served enchiladas, pinto beans, tossed salad, and fruit gelatin.
- Among your best bets are legumes such as chickpeas, pinto beans and lentils, which offer 5-7 fiber grams per half-cup serving.
- Some varieties, such as black and pinto beans, need only to be left on the plant until they've dried, usually when the plant has died.
- We were handed a bowl containing a square of white-corn cornbread soaking up the bacon-flavored pinto bean broth along with a cup of sweet, fresh buttermilk.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.