In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1conducto masculineducto masculine Mexicoa gas pipeline — un gasoducto
- an oil pipeline — un oleoducto
- This would significantly benefit Russia, which seeks dominance over Caspian oil exports and desires pipelines to run through territory under their control.
- But power loss at WASA's Caroni Water Treatment Plant Water left pipelines unserviceable across an amazing geographic range.
- Should you need something for your pipeline or underground work, take a look here.
- Transporting the waste gas needs pipelines five times bigger than our existing natural gas network.
- It is believed there was a fault in the underground pipeline which caused aviation fuel to seep out.
- First, international standards regarding safety distances from pipelines are not being followed in this case.
- Stress corrosion cracking begins when short, shallow cracks develop on the outer surface of an underground pipeline.
- There was a sabotage of the oil pipelines a few days ago, now this.
- Building roads, widening of roads, laying underground cables or pipelines - for all such work, trees are a big hurdle!
- If I was living 70 metres away from that pipeline I would not be happy.
- This is because part of the existing East Rail line will be diverted on to new track that has been sandwiched between the existing live railway and the main pipelines carrying water from China.
- Underground pipelines were used to transport the material to market in Alberta and Eastern Canada.
- I would say, for example, the most important thing is to keep the oil pipeline intact because of the revenue that generates.
- Stretching over 895 kilometres, the pipeline will convey gas from Mozambican gas fields to South Africa.
- It followed one on Saturday that set a gas pipeline ablaze in the western desert and which Oil Ministry officials said was due to sabotage.
- This would be used to pump air to the tunnel digger via a nested tin can pipeline buried along one side of the tunnel floor.
- Generators may accumulate extra current, causing transformers to burn out, and large currents may build up in power pipelines causing corrosive damage.
- Yesterday an explosion ripped open an oil pipeline north west of Kirkuk.
- Just as pipelines arm conflict, they also create it.
- In another chapter, he says the real pipeline the United States is pushing for runs from the Caspian oil to the Mediterranean coast of Turkey, wisely missing the Black Sea.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.