In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The pipette tip was placed 5-10 m above the dish surface.
- I showed the candidates how to use a pipette - a hand-held tool for manipulating small volumes of liquid - and invited them to have a go.
- Next, they took an unfertilized egg from a second sheep and removed its DNA, carefully sucking it out with a thin glass tube called a pipette.
- The caudal medulla was exposed to insert a microinjection pipette into the XII nucleus.
- Application of pressure through the recording pipette accelerated the positive shift and removal of pressure simply slowed the shift.
- Use a pipette to make two or three long lines of water down the desk.
- Then, a small glass pipette was positioned near the cell.
- The kit contains test tubes, pipettes, funnels and other lab materials necessary for multiple experiments and activities.
- The hard glass pipes of ‘Borosil’ make, used as pipettes and burettes in chemical laboratories, are his raw material.
- Preparation of patch pipettes and electrophysiological instruments were the same as described above.
- It has developed technology that is used in extremely low volume pipettes and instruments that dispense minute droplets of liquid.
- The organic phase was transferred with a disposable pipette, and the aqueous phase was extracted twice more with the same solvents.
- DNA was dialysed by inserting the DNA sample with a pipette into dialysis tubing and securing the ends with clips.
- Lambda pipettes are used to transfer very small liquid volumes down to 1 microliter.
- The pipette was attached to the test tank 2 cm above the water surface, creating a perturbation on the surface when water was dripped into the aquarium.
- Patch pipettes were filled with the same 100 MM KCl solution.
- A constricted glass pipette was used to mechanically separate cells from each other.
- Once when he tried to suck up liquid in a pipette while testing metals, he accidentally sucked some of the dangerous liquid into his mouth.
- The inner diameter was measured by inserting a probe pipette with a known diameter profile (characterized by scanning electron microscopy).
- The apertures replace the tip of glass pipettes commonly used for patch clamp recording.
- This material was transferred to 1.5 ml Ependorff tubes with pipettes.
- Most techniques for monitoring whole-cell membrane capacitance work by applying a voltage stimulus via a patch pipette and measuring the resulting currents.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.