- By the fireplace, Protheroe, now dressed in sober grey, sat on a sofa playing piquet with an elderly gentleman.
- Right all, we need to organise piquet tonight.
- Together with Chekhov, they played piquet, frequented the Taverne Gothique for oysters, or the Casino Municipal for entertainment.
- In spite of three hip replacements, Adams manages to visit his local pub to play piquet most evenings and continues to write.
- So instead, we played bridge and piquet the whole morning.
- The boy has won a hand of piquet, and the spinster has noticed that he has difficulty enjoying triumphs.