In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(at sea)pirata feminine(raid/flag/ship) pirata
2(of book, tape)pirata masculine(video/copy/tape) pirata
3(in broadcasting)pirate radio station — radio pirata masculine Southern Cone Spain
1(book/video/tape) pirateara pirated copy — una copia pirata
- The warning came from Business Software Alliance who have urged adults to teach children that downloading pirated software is illegal.
- Members learned the genre through pirated CDs and videos smuggled in from Turkey and Jordan.
- I also noticed that the article claims that 50,000 people in Mexico make a living selling pirated music.
- Have you heard of anyone having pirated CD's confiscated at customs?
- Miguel has been selling pirated music to tourists and Cubans for almost twenty years.
- He said the conviction was the first he knew of involving a foreigner selling pirated DVDs.
- If necessary, he'll pirate his own movie to get it out there.
- The DMCA assumes that the only reason to do any of this work is to pirate copyrighted works.
- Other people shouldn't be able to profit from your work by selling pirated editions: that was the whole point of copyright law.
- Stevens is no hero: he was found guilty in a separate case of selling pirated software.
- Although the software was popular, the software writer and his partner did not always get paid: hobbyists were pirating their work.
- Pirated copies of the latest Harry Potter are all over the city.
- "It doesn't allow people to pirate music, " Hammerton said.
- But copyright law did not apply internationally, which meant publishers overseas were free to pirate his works.
- There is no color to it, and it seems to have been mastered from an old VHS home video tape pirated from the front row.
- Firstly, with the emergence of DVDs and pirated VCDs, not many film buffs visit theatres anymore.
- Now, that is because they're trying to prevent people from pirating the movie.
- Document 18 has heavy penalties for people who purchase or sell pirated software.
- I find it hard to believe that Academy voters would care about pirating their copies.
- But an avalanche of English-language pirated copies of the film is spreading across China.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.