In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1giro masculinevuelta femininefeminine pirouette
- For example, she would give everyone triple pirouettes when I could only do one.
- In classical ballet pirouettes are executed on pointe, as are arabesques.
- By the end of that week, I could consistently execute quadruple pirouettes to both right and left.
- Laurie, in her ecstatic state, executed a pirouette, and began to sing in earnest.
- She then did a second, slower pirouette as if to emphasize her attire.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.