In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1émbolo masculinepistón masculinepiston stroke — carrera del émbolo feminine
- The force of the resulting explosion pushes the piston down the cylinder for the exhaust stroke.
- The cylinders have to be right and their fit with the piston rings perfect.
- Modified piston valves were also fitted to counteract the high coal consumption as the originals became worn.
- Jet engines are crucial: They're faster than piston engines and far safer.
- The resulting explosions of fuel and air drive the pistons which turn the crankshaft.
- Another system uses hydraulic pistons that mount to a wood platform.
- The engine's camshaft drives the pump pistons through a roll rocker arm.
- Then the piston moves back up to compress this fuel/air mixture.
- The resulting explosion pushes a piston, which is attached to a connecting rod.
- The five mobile panels (one flap, four sliding) are activated by hydraulic pistons.
- Each explosion would release enough force to push the piston.
- Adkins' solution was to affix his gas piston to the standard recoil spring plug.
- The piston in its cylinder rocked, trembled, didn't move.
- The central control circuit then sends a control signal to the driver's circuit for the accumulator piston.
- When the trigger is pulled, the compressed air expands and drives the piston forward.
- A hydraulic hammer is basically a hydraulically powered reciprocating piston inside of a body.
- The stroke is the distance that the piston moves up and down.
- The bore is often pitted and the gas piston is usually corroded.
- The aluminum block has ductile iron cylinder liners and is filled with JE pistons.
- Besides leaving salt deposits, rusting internal parts and causing valve damage, water in an engine also makes short work of pistons and cylinders.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.