In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It is naturally, an Italian restaurant, and pizzas play an important role on its menu.
- The food consisted of a variety of sandwiches, mini pizzas, sushi, and other dishes along with cookies and coffee.
- I make the sauces for the pastas and pizzas and all sorts of things.
- There's a mid-range menu serving posh pizzas, burgers and a range of light bites, salads and skewers.
- Salads were between three and six leva and pastas and pizzas were priced at around six or seven leva.
- It would be very sad if all French cooks could manage was pizzas, steaks and burgers.
- Restaurants excel in serving up the island's seafood alongside the usual pizzas and pastas.
- Because when we leave Lucknow, one thing I will really miss is the pizzas from Pizza Port.
- The applicant wants to change the ground floor into a pizza and pasta takeaway.
- The food in Livigno is hearty - big pasta dishes, pizzas and lots of salty chips.
- The pizza was closer to an Italian pizza than anything I have ever tried Stateside.
- They are then offered a diet of burgers, chips, pizzas and coke from school canteens.
- This isn't an attempt to deprive the world of pizzas, the Italians just want some recognition for their creation.
- Pizzette are miniature pizzas which are often fried rather than baked.
- As for the pizza toppings, there is a reason that Italians still love certain old standards.
- Even eating a slice of Italian sausage pizza with extra mozzarella had become a patriotic act.
- The pizzas were freshly baked in a brick oven and tasted absolutely fantastic.
- Eat them in salads, sandwiches, pizzas or use as an intense base for sauces.
- Strew the mozzarella and tomatoes over the pizzas, then add the pancetta, ruffling it up a bit.
- But he eventually set up on his own business and word quickly spread about his home-made pasta and pizzas.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.