In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- She was glitz, glamour and pizzazz ripped from the headlines.
- Outlandish costumes and attitudes would also add pizzazz to the game.
- Enter nonprofit Trees New York, which together with Cooper Union art school decided to go beyond signage while adding a touch of pizzazz.
- This tip is equally suited to people who want to add a little more pizzazz to their computer and for those who want to make them as businesslike a possible.
- What was missing was pizzazz: that certain zing in her walk and attitude, to set her apart.
- It's typical of the Belfast approach to life, this earthing of Ireland's celebrities and stars, this demystification of the glamour and pizzazz of showbusiness.
- Peppers, in all their bold, beautiful hues, are a terrific way to add color and pizzazz to almost any dish.
- It will be celebrated with pizzazz and stamina.
- Instead, we just adore how it adds pizzazz to our favorite tops and dresses.
- Punters are encouraged to dress up to add glamour and pizzazz to a night which will transport the willing to disco dance heaven.
- All of these men carried themselves with grace and pizzazz.
- In dark brown, these are traditionally styled and lack the punch panache and pizzazz hip kids require in a shoe.
- But if you want a bit of pizzazz, a touch of class and a little extra, go somewhere else.
- Positive and negative colorations add pizzazz on garment seams.
- Lenny liked a certain amount of opulence: glitz and glamour, an expensive sound and maximum pizzazz.
- Give your party some pizzazz by throwing it around a theme.
- Here are simple ways I have found over the years to add pizzazz to the anniversary of the day a child was born.
- Have everyone bring a vintage linen or favorite place mat to add pizzazz.
- Take your time with the overhaul, but punch it out with pizzazz.
- European papers, metallic inks and varnishes add pizzazz to the images.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.