- He's said nice, placatory things, and he's kept the peace, but we need more than that to drive the country forward.
- Well, they are putting a brave, even placatory face on it but there is no question that should its on-line services arrive in York and be of great size it will have serious consequences for conveyancing practices.
- I made a telephone call on September 27 to report the problem again which elicited placatory words and promises of action; the light was repaired that day.
- The stereotype of battered wives as fragile, passive, placatory and docile does not do justice to their actual role in marriage relationships.
- What would once have been regarded as an acceptable gift has now become a placatory toy, so it's necessary to compete if you want the child to recognise this is a gift with special intentions.