In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
(zero)cero a la derecha masculine
- The use of zero as a placeholder was probably first developed by the Babylonians, possibly as early as 1500 BCE.
- It emphasises the use of zero as a placeholder.
(symbol)marcador de posición masculine
- Not only does this reduce the risk of someone messing with our SQL, but some database drivers will take advantage of our placeholders in subsequent queries, giving us a speed boost.
- With the Impress files created, I needed to replace my graphic image placeholders with the actual image.
- The HTML files contain placeholders for data that will be substituted in at runtime.
- Notice how we use DBI's placeholders, shown here as a question mark in the list of VALUES, to avoid potential problems with quoted strings within our SQL query.
- But even users of low-end databases can benefit from using placeholders because they ensure strings will be quoted correctly, even if they contain quotation marks or apostrophes.
(in sentence)elemento gramatical sin significado masculine
- The it in suffice it to say is an impersonal or indefinite pronoun, one that functions as a grammatical placeholder without supplying much real meaning.
- According to this model, readers process text in parallel at several levels of analysis, which mesh the ease of identification with the role of function words as structural placeholders.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.