In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in employment)colocación femininethe course included a year's placement with a company — el curso incluía un año de prácticas en una empresa
- Once the centre is built David hopes to expand the number of courses on offer, including evening courses, and next Easter will begin offering two-week work-experience placements for school children.
- Charles will be 57 this year and we still haven't been able to find a good work experience placement for him.
- All students, whether on industrial placement or those doing projects, fill out weekly logs and complete all monthly reports.
- It was amazing, she was immediately given a long-term temporary placement and has since had many others and is still working, even though she is now 69.
- Lucy said she gained a number of new skills through her placement.
- Consequently, few are of sufficient size to offer significant training and the only way for fresh faces to get into television is to work for free on extended work experience placements.
- Students would also go on more work experience placements and local business people would visit the school to discuss their experiences and give advice.
- And at least two more have become health care assistants with the Trust as a result of work experience placements.
- Another component of this 12 week course was a work experience placement.
- Work experience placements, mentoring, curriculum projects, summer schools, master classes, careers advice and practice interviews are regular features of school life.
- The training course is usually followed by work experience placement.
- There is growing speculation that he will join a prestigious Scottish firm when he takes up a work experience placement in the City of London later this year.
- But the demand was attacked by business leaders last night who said work experience placements were essential for developing skilled youngsters for the workplace.
- One of the other days would be spent doing off-site vocational courses and the other would be spent on a work experience placement.
- One young man is studying for an NVQ in retailing after successfully completing work experience placements in shops in Barnsley.
- He was introduced to the unique venue during a work experience placement and he went on to work there during summer holidays.
- During the four years of his degree, he did two six month work experience placements at a company called Wild Promotions.
- He said the two-year project had been a huge accomplishment, and pupils were already undertaking work experience placements.
- The school is now appealing to local businesses and organisations who may be interested in providing work experience placements for the new school year.
- A number of students were also selected to go on extended work experience placements at the restaurants in question.
2(positioning)colocación feminineubicación feminine Latin Americabefore noun placement test — test de aptitud masculine
- The placement was arranged through Bank of Ireland's corporate division.
- With proper colony placement and sampling, gradient maps of the distribution of chemical or biological materials can be produced.
- Bolt Rite fasteners assist in the proper placement of anchor bolts in wet concrete.
- An empty room makes it easier to hang artwork, said Reis, but it's impossible to gauge proper height and placement.
- Some students chose to continue with their placement despite the fact that CECS cancelled the credit for it.
- But proper placement of such tracks is also important to him.
- This will give you proper placement so that the finishing nails will not puncture through the cabinet.
- For proper placement of deadlifts in your back routine, see the beginner's and advanced back-routine charts.
- This increases the security of the tube and ensures proper placement; minimizing trauma to mucus membranes.
- So it's the radio promoters going into places like Fort Wayne, Indiana and making sure you're getting the proper placement.
- Use of a large needle facilitates proper suture placement.
- Its proper placement is yet to be determined by a more complete taxonomic sampling.
- Microphone placement also seems to vary on the piano selections.
- The proper placement of art in a home should also reflect the client's connection to the piece.
- For proper placement, hoop and stitch the design before cutting the rectangle.
- The surgeon passes the endoscope through the tube and inspects and confirms proper placement of the tunnel before proceeding.
- Check fire regulations for the type needed in your work area and to determine proper placement.
- Proper placement of a permanent mirror in your home can help you look down a hallway before you have to stick your head in.
- In that letter he stated the restrictions, ‘To facilitate proper work placement of this employee’.
- In addition to making the injection itself less painful, the anesthetic can help verify proper placement of the needle.
3(in tennis)tiro masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.