In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We felt that compared with placentas with focal lesions, placentas with well-established HEV would more reliably reflect associated events.
- The sonographer scans the patient, taking an initial assessment of the fetuses, the placenta, and the amniotic cavity.
- Alcohol enters the fetus readily through the placenta and is eliminated by maternal metabolism.
- In each later pregnancy, maternal Rh antibodies can cross the placenta and reach the fetus.
- Chorioangiopagus vessels are vessels that join the fetuses in the placenta.
- The mother had an aggressive metastatic disease, and the cancer could have spread across the placenta to the fetus.
- New alternatives, which are currently experimental, include harvesting stem cells from umbilical cord blood or placentas of new born babies.
- The baby is connected to the umbilical cord, the umbilical cord to the placenta, and the placenta to the mother, at least at this stage of the proceedings.
- Transplanting cord blood stem cells from placenta and umbilical cords have the same effect as a bone-marrow transplant.
- Placenta accreta is a placenta that implants too deeply and too firmly into the uterine wall.
- Causes of spontaneous abortion may relate to the fetus, the placenta, or the uterus.
- She could also transmit the infection to the fetus across the placenta.
- He explores how cocaine destroys the placenta, the fetus, and the infant's life.
- These help to anchor it to the lining of the uterus and will eventually grow into the placenta, the organ that feeds and protects the baby until birth.
- The placenta connects the baby's blood supply to the mother's blood.
- In most pregnant women, the placenta forms and grows just as it should.
- This transformation is essential to ensure a normal blood supply to the fetus and placenta throughout pregnancy.
- Folic acid also is crucial to support the rapid growth of the placenta and fetus.
- It most likely functions as an adhesion protein, connecting the placenta to the uterus.
- We analyzed tissues from 368 specimens of pregnancy loss and 219 placentas of live-born infants using CGH.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.