In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The latest find is a system of three planets orbiting around a star previously thought to have only one.
- Both depend on the gravitational attraction exerted on the parent star by orbiting planets.
- Kepler showed that a planet moves round the Sun in an elliptical orbit which has the Sun in one of its two foci.
- Astronomers in the US reckon they've identified a tenth planet orbiting our sun.
- There are brilliant people out there who search the very heavens and map the orbit of the stars and planets.
- It has ignited a drive to find more planets and smaller planets around more stars.
- If the candidate planet does orbit the brown dwarf, then the pair will move across the sky together.
- Any planet with a stable orbit in that zone might be able to support life long enough for intelligence to evolve.
- That the star Sirius has five planets is not something which anyone could conclusively verify at present.
- The problem is, you have to do these measurements for at least one full orbit of any planets that might be there.
- The planets all orbit the Sun in the same direction, with orbital planes inclined slightly to the ecliptic.
- Measuring the changing brightness of a star can tell us whether there are planets orbiting around it.
- Nasa astronomers said they had found the smallest planets yet orbiting stars beyond our Sun.
- The mass of the orbiting planet causes the central star to be pulled around in an orbit.
- The kite is designed to take pictures of planets and asteroids around the solar system.
- You can divide little objects out, not only the planets, but the nebula and clusters of stars.
- Her school projects and papers were all about the stars, planets, and outer space.
- Gazing at the stars, planets and distant galaxies is a universal pleasure, but it's one denied to most of us.
- This professor is in charge of discovery of new planets and celestial bodies.
- He had a model which showed the movements of the sun and the moon and certain stars and planets.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.