In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Within the scheme of science education, planetariums are considered an important tool for exciting youngsters and the general public about the wonders of the universe.
- Marsapalooza is the product of a unique partnership funded by NASA and the National Science Foundation, produced by Passport to Knowledge, and hosted by several museums, planetariums, science centers, and schools across the country.
- Single fish-eye projectors that cover an entire dome now display digital skies in planetariums in many schools, science centers, and public libraries.
- Anyone taking a trip to the local planetarium would have heard that the planets have 60 or so moons orbiting them on neat, nearly circular paths.
- I told them we trust the museum will open in the spring of 2007 and that we hope to open the planetarium, lobby, and café in the middle of this year.
- He announced to his wife that he was going to educate the public by building a planetarium in the back room of their house.
- Between the star parties, parks, and planetariums, Hawaii offers more publicly accessible world-class astronomy per square mile than anywhere else on Earth.
- Not only will it offer both an earth science museum and a planetarium (the Barlow Planetarium), but it also provides visitors with an opportunity to view a portion of the Barlow collection.
- The QM2 boasts 24-hour casinos, the only planetarium at sea, and the Canyon Ranch SpaClub, where you can unwind from the day with an assortment of pampering treatments.
- Shows at the temporary planetarium will allow visitors to explore the planets and moons of the solar system, take a journey into ancient Egypt to see how science was used to create calendars, and look at the search for life in outer space.
- The observatory will be open to the public for the first time and the galleries will be located in the Victorian South Building, home of the old planetarium.
- Further applications include use in planetariums and other virtual reality scenarios in the field of entertainment.
- A Zeiss projector that was centrepiece of the Star Theatre for the planetarium's 27-year lifespan was purchased by York University, which currently has it disassembled in storage.
- Although not terribly well known, the Observatorio Astronomico de Mallorca has a working planetarium and offers public skywatching using telescopes sufficiently powerful to study Jupiter, Mars, Saturn, Venus and Mercury.
- The Royal Observatory at Greenwich is to be restored and opened to the public, with the addition of a new planetarium.
- Over 150 people, including school and college students, turned up at the planetarium on Thursday evening to view the celestial bodies.
- Cosmonova, at the Swedish Museum of Natural History in Stockholm, is made up of an Omnitheatre with both a modern planetarium and a 70 mm-wide cinema.
- When she got a few minutes away from planning the wedding, she was trying to set up the summer program for the planetarium.
- So, in the past eight years, under his direction, the Bangalore Association for Science Education at the planetarium has helped young students start out on scientific careers.
- Cosmic Microwave Background: The New Cosmology and other elements of the AstroBulletin are made available to museums, science centers, planetariums, and other public spaces nationwide and around the world.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.