In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of project, strategy)planificador masculineplanificadora feminine
- This is a factor that even the best developers and planners may not be able to fully control.
- The world is littered with failed cities, where urban planners overlooked residents' needs and incomes.
- A scheme to build 407 apartments in Shipley will go before planners on Monday.
- Yet despite huge economic pressure the planners have said they see no reason to release any Green Belt land for general use before 2015.
- Next month, the scheme goes before planners and councillors in High Peak for approval.
- According to city development planners, the masterplan will not go before committee until September.
- The proposed 19-home scheme at Hollingwood has been rejected by planners who took on board the objectors' arguments.
- And ending the Ashton line at the stadium, cutting out Tameside, would not make economic sense, say planners.
- Most urban planners and developers now agree that a residential boom is crucial to a vital downtown.
- Hundreds of residents fighting proposals to build a warehouse next to their homes told planners they utterly oppose the plans.
- The planners had championed the scheme to the council as an exemplary piece of urban infill.
- The company which specialises in homes for the elderly had its plans for Horsforth rejected last year when they went before planners in Leeds.
- Flood victims were furious today after planners called for a £1 million defence scheme at Stamford Bridge to be put on hold.
- But planners rejected the scheme amid concerns for increased traffic and potential risks to pedestrians.
- Bradford Council planners have turned down four planning applications, and two planning appeals were unsuccessful.
- If its scheme is rejected by planners, local youngsters could have to wait a long time for a purpose-built facility.
- Plans for a factory extension could create more than 100 new jobs in Chipping Norton, if council planners give a green light to the scheme.
- The scheme is set to go before planners in the New Year.
- A controversial housing scheme in Addingham could get official backing today from planners in Keighley.
- South Lakeland District Council planners had been in favour of the scheme but residents and other traders had said it was too big.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.