In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pantalla de plasma feminine
- A plasma screen screening the tourism films on Kerala was also a novel experience for those who have never seen or known Kerala.
- A giant plasma screen is used to give the illusion that everyone is sitting around the same table, allowing them to make direct eye contact and observe each other's body language.
- There is also live sport on the big screen, with eight small TVs and a plasma screen dotted around this tardis-like pub offering individual viewing.
- Inside, a giant plasma screen depicts a scene from the virtual reality computer game he has spent the last two years and £1m of his own money creating.
- The standard stone could be graced with a small LCD TV while a more extravagant mausoleum might be equipped with a high-definition plasma screen.
- You can record Big Brother remotely and watch it when you get back on the cinema screen, the plasma screen in the bath, or in bed.
- He said redesigning the waiting area, including new lighting and better patient information via a plasma screen, had also improved behaviour.
- I personally am not buying a plasma screen at this price today, because the features I want are not there in screens costing less than four or five thousand pounds.
- Basically, we have got a plasma screen hooked up here, but we have to use this monitor, because it doesn't work with a plasma screen.
- A zany mix of 40 microspeakers in a single horizontal column, it fits neatly under a plasma screen or television.
- A plasma screen will be located directly in front of them which can be adjusted to a desired height level.
- For instance, you can view your hot spots through a heat sensitive camera connected to a plasma screen.
- The images in question were both in print form and displayed on a plasma screen at the foot of the staircase on the left.
- The results are displayed on a large plasma screen at the cleansing department depots in Harris Street, Bradford, and Stockbridge, Keighley.
- He was sat at an architect's desk with a laptop, wearing wraparound shades, and having his words projected on to a plasma screen behind him while a small audience watched.
- We briefly consider helping out by setting up a huge plasma screen outside parliament showing back-to-back episodes of Trisha, but budgetary constraints intervene.
- On the opposite wall to my left hung a gigantic plasma screen displaying a frenzied montage of flitting text and graphics.
- Part of the bookcase is in fact a giant plasma screen with pictures of books.
- There is even an artificial pond, with a plasma screen showing images of koi carp.
- Setting across from it was a white dresser and a flat plasma screen to the right of it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.