In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cirugía estética femininecirugía plástica femininehe had plastic surgery on his nose — le hicieron la cirugía estética en la nariz
- Short of plastic surgery, there is quite a lot that can be done to rejuvenate your skin.
- He developed skills in plastic surgery, his particular interest being in eyes.
- The consultants will decide if a patient requires treatment, such as plastic surgery.
- He will now have to undergo plastic surgery on his lips and dental surgery on his teeth.
- It was not until the First World War that plastic surgery developments really gathered steam.
- Many patients arrive at plastic surgery clinics with unrealistic expectations.
- Newborns with a cleft lip or palate require genetic evaluation and plastic surgery.
- A man will have to undergo plastic surgery for an horrific injury after a blade cut his face when he fell from a ladder.
- He was unconscious for ten days and had to spend four years in hospital having plastic surgery to reconstruct his face.
- She probably had sort of plastic surgery to alter her body shape, and an access to eye contacts.
- He is outraged by programs such as Extreme Makeover that offer plastic surgery as a prize.
- If he hadn't undergone any plastic surgery, today he would look like this.
- Now it used to be only celebrities or the very rich could afford to have plastic surgery.
- It's not just for the person who is going to have plastic surgery or wants plastic surgery.
- Many females not suffering from gender confusion do seek these kinds of plastic surgery to improve their body image.
- For some reason the urge for plastic surgery is becoming a mania world wide in both males and females.
- Last year of the top five plastic surgery procedures, three of them involved the face.
- You could try plastic surgery, but the BMJ Classified Careers Fair will be much cheaper and far less painful.
- She has had to undergo plastic surgery to try to rectify the knife wounds, one of which runs almost the full length of her face.
- Since the shooting he had undergone plastic surgery to alter his facial features.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.