In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1film adherente masculine(para envolver alimentos) película adherente feminineEgapac masculine Mexico trademark
- Cover the bowl of dough with plastic wrap, and refrigerate it for one hour.
- Remove plastic wrap from the lamb and wash away any sliminess, pat dry.
- Cover with plastic wrap and pierce the plastic wrap to allow steam to escape.
- Roll up in the plastic wrap making a football shape and refrigerate for one hour.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the tuna rolls; season with salt and pepper and add to the pan.
- Remove the plastic wrap and using a rubber spatula, stir gently until smooth.
- Invert onto a cutting board, remove the mold, and discard the plastic wrap.
- Properly dried fruit leather will be sticky to the touch but will peel off the plastic wrap.
- Her daughter had taken the chicken out of the freezer and put it in the oven with the plastic wrap still on.
- Using the plastic wrap as a guide, tightly roll up the foie gras and shape it into a tube, about two inches in diameter.
- Remove the plastic wrap; stir until combined and pour into the prepared tart shell.
- Seal tightly and slice the liver into six pieces, then remove the plastic wrap.
- Perhaps they are thinking of all the plastic wrap that they buy with their meat and groceries.
- Along the same edge, use the plastic wrap and roll to enclose to form a cylinder.
- Put pasta on prepared baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate.
- Transfer the sumac butter to a cutting board and remove the plastic wrap.
- I balled up the plastic wrap from my sandwich and tossed it into the garbage can near the building.
- Place plastic wrap on a flat work surface and lay one lasagna sheet on top with the shorter side facing you.
- She then used her pilfered plastic wrap to make a roof that would both keep her dry and channel rainwater into the cooler.
- Transfer the lamb to a cutting board, cut into six slices, and discard the plastic wrap.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.