In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1grupo de actividades lúdico-educativas para niños de edad preescolar
- It is not the fault of the state or private nursery schools that the playgroups no longer play such an important part.
- In addition, the playgroup promotes social inclusion by enabling parents to return to work or education.
- Preschools, playgroups and nurseries can organise their own half-mile sponsored toddles, too and if they do, they get to keep 25 per cent of the money raised.
- Hadleigh is set for a new playgroup after parents revealed a desperate need for the service.
- Worth £55m, the company provides a wide range of educational services and facilities, with pre-school playgroups generating a small proportion of revenues at present.
- A childcare career fair will give jobseekers the chance to have their questions answered by people working in nurseries, playgroups, pre-schools and after-school clubs.
- Last year hundreds of pre-schools and playgroups took part.
- The band, which plays regularly for playgroups, schools and residential homes across the borough, was awarded a £5,000 lottery grant for new steel drums.
- During the pilot project, each school will work in formal partnerships with local nurseries, playgroups and childminders to provide ‘early years’ education for children between the ages of three and five.
- Youths began skateboarding in the playgroup of Southfields Junior School next door.
- While children without this experience can often cope in playgroups and primary school, there may be concerns about attention span and disruptive behaviour.
- TWO mums were forced to abandon plans to open a pre-school playgroup when their rent was doubled the day before it was due to open.
- Meanwhile nurseries, playgroups and schools are introducing their own initiatives to encourage good oral hygiene.
- Are you willing to go to playgroups or parent and baby groups so my child can mix with other children?
- The company has been very successful in their sales generated from primary schools, Pre-Schools, Montessori schools and playgroups all around the county.
- Free event packs are now available, crammed full of posters, leaflets, hats, stickers and certificates to encourage pre-schools, playgroups and nurseries to sign up for the walk.
- Courses and services offered at the Duntroon Community Centre include parenting and adult education, playgroups, social and craft activity groups and exercise classes.
- After working in a bank, where she trained other staff, she began volunteering at playgroups and then at her local primary school.
- All playgroups and pre-schools in the area are invited to join in the fun.
- Youngsters across Swindon have been celebrating Easter with special events at nurseries and playgroups.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.