In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Also, it looks like home video playback on the Tivo will also soon be available.
- One might, for example, copy a music CD to an audio cassette for playback on one's Walkman.
- Sony also bundles stereo earphones with a remote control for private audio and video playback.
- Durabis technology resists scratches, which can cause recording and playback errors.
- It's free and offers high quality playback, video programming, ability to create a playlist of favourite videos.
- Each has a console, extra controller, the DVD playback kit, and various games.
- For example, very few support video playback, relying solely on audio and still images.
- The company has touted its audio option and published results of DVD playback tests.
- A media server system and method are disclosed for playback of digital media.
- So if you spent money on earbuds, you will hear the difference, especially if you record for playback in the highest quality streams.
- Well, we can get much more informative results by measuring the average video playback speed.
- Instant playback of recorded video gave these trendy gadgets an edge over the conventional machines.
- Unfortunately, it was something of a letdown, mainly related to video performance and DVD playback.
- How would you use one, and would it be worth spending $500 on a device that only did video playback?
- This mode is used to select a previously archived session for playback via a remote VCR server.
- Then when you hit Play, the hard-drive playback begins picking up right where you left off.
- This feature allows the user to capture memos or incoming phone conversations for future playback.
- During DVD playback, all sounds were where they should have been, and all at normal volumes.
- The company claims a four-hour video playback time; or ten hours if you're listening to songs.
- Images may be recorded for playback on a standard VHS video cassette recorder.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.