In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1creador del juego masculinecreadora del juego femininearmador del juego masculine Latin Americaarmadora del juego feminine Latin America
- The priority is to add speedy playmakers who fit the team's new attacking style.
- He has speed, quickness and strength, and he's one of the team's top defensive playmakers.
- It's very rare for a defender to gain accolades or praise when compared to the goal-getters or midfield playmakers.
- The team needs playmakers and will look at quarterbacks, running backs and receivers.
- This is a player that is a playmaker and will come through in clutch and critical situations.
- The team is looking for playmakers who will propel it into the playoffs again and for years to come.
- He has been an active playmaker and leads the team in tackles by a wide margin.
- Because the team lacks playmakers, Ware's role on offense might be expanded.
- They have a hot quarterback, a solid running game, a vastly improved defense and playmakers on special teams.
- On offense, the team lacks playmakers, and the approach has been too conservative.
- Owens says he is putting too much pressure on himself to be a playmaker for a team in desperate need of one.
- She will turn 32 this summer, but remains one of the game's most skillful playmakers.
- But that's a trade the team needs to make because the defense has few other playmakers.
- He's one of the better playmakers in the game, and I don't worry about it at all.
- He's a marginal blocker, but the team needs playmakers, and he has a chance to be one.
- The team lacks playmakers in the secondary who can stop late-game surges.
- At 33, the Norwegian star remains one of the top playmakers in the game.
- The offense lacks playmakers and experience at quarterback, so don't expect it to improve.
- His ability to stop the opponents' creative play is much needed in a team brimming with playmakers.
- That means the team with the most playmakers on offense will come up with the big plays that decide the game in the fourth quarter.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.