In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1negociaciones entre el fiscal y la defensa en las que a cambio de que el acusado admita culpabilidad el fiscal acepta reducir los cargos en su contrawe could try plea bargaining — podríamos intentar llegar a un acuerdo con el fiscal
- As liberals in today's world we have to accept greater use of intercept communication, surveillance and plea-bargaining.
- Pilot schemes saw several benefits, including a reduction in plea-bargaining and downgrading of charges, and an increase in early guilty pleas.
- The guilty plea procedure is sometimes the result of plea-bargaining between the prosecution and defence counsel.
- He said they would be entitled to make representations on the merits of the charges against them, offer evidence as witnesses, and engage the prosecuting authority in plea-bargaining.
- We have people who are so overwhelmed that they have to reduce the sentences by plea-bargaining.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.