In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pliegue masculinefeminine tablafeminine jaretafeminine alforza Southern Cone
- Use cloth napkins, fold them into accordion pleats and place them in the water glasses.
- Finally, keep in mind that pants with no pleats or a single pleat are more flattering than multiple pleats.
- It is tailored for women with a spread collar, two back pleats for comfort and a left chest pocket.
- Working with upholstery, handloom fabrics, chiffon and rayon the duo played around with pleats, cowl necks, beaded chiffon textures, layers and asymmetrical hemlines.
- This can be accomplished at side seams, the center back seam, gathers, pleats, darts or a combination of the above.
- Being a very feminine line, rounded shapes, inverted pleats, fringes, deconstructed cuts and chunky buttons feature in the collection.
- Another way to add volume: try pants with pleats around the pockets.
- Its pleats should always be facing up and should match the bow tie.
- It has a tailored collar with top button loop, hemmed sleeves, matte pearl buttons, a double-layer back yoke with pleats, left chest pocket and a clean-finish hem with side vents.
- Yes, I'm sure you already have a pair of black pants, but if they're flowy and full of pleats, then it's time to get one thing straight: your pants.
- Clearly, I would wear a shirt with a traditional lay-down collar, but pleats or no pleats?
- That is why I was so surprised one night when she came into the living room wearing high heels and a mini skirt with side pleats so high I could see she might not be wearing underwear.
- By definition, a pleat is a fold in cloth made by doubling the material upon itself and then pressing or stitching it into place.
- If you do find a pair with pleats, do go easy on them.
- Sew the decorative stitching across the pleats from one end of the pleated fabric to the other, using the pleating threads as guidelines.
- The long-sleeve style has button-through sleeve plackets, adjustable cuffs and a back pleat.
- Because pleats tend to add bulk, opt for styles with a flat front.
- Also, try to avoid pants with pleats, as they'll make your pelvic area look bigger.
- He stated it was very useful for table cloths and articles without pleats and irregular folding and recommended it for all large families.
- It is a tube of cloth folded with a pleat to fit the waist and secured with a belt or a tuck in the waist.
1(material/skirt) plisar(material/skirt) tablear
- If you are of more generous proportions, pleated trousers may be ideal for you.
- Connolly gave it a new lease of life by the extravagant method of pleating it - pleated, it took eight metres to achieve one metre of fabric.
- My nana is tall, slim, and is in size 10 jeans, and she hates how pleated skirts look.
- It was that pleated black Japanese stuff which I thought would be perfect for her but she absolutely hated it.
- Highlanders originally wore a stretch of plaid, often vegetable dyed, that was draped and pleated to form a skirt with pockets.
- She pleated the edge of the handkerchief, working it through her fingers.
- The skirt was a simple gray pleated one and it was about a foot too long and practically falling off my hips.
- A heavy woolen skirt pleated at the back is held in place by a woven sash.
- She had a dark navy blue pleated skirt, a white t-shirt and yellow kneesocks on.
- She had a penchant for oxford shirts, carefully tucked into her pinch pleated shirts or Bermuda shorts.
- Her skirt was orange pleated, and barely covered the tops of her thighs.
- Brush the edges of the wrappers with water and fold over to seal, pleating the edges and releasing any air bubbles.
- This time there's something about the way the veil is pleated which catches your eye.
- Even the woman who was wearing tapered, pleated jeans knew more than I did.
- Skirts are layered and pleated in heavy dark grey and black felt.
- Pants are pleated at the top with a peg leg and worn with high heels.
- His usual high leather boots and baggy pleated trews had got soaked and muddy yesterday, he explained, and now they were drying off by the stove at home.
- Her gymslip was neatly pleated over a well-developed bosom, which again was not the case with me.
- The place was totally black, with loads of gold upholstery and candelabras and fake fires burning and crisply pleated black curtains.
- The dress is intricately pleated and ruched, like unravelling rope, giving her the appearance of a life-sized corn dolly.
2pleated past participle(skirt) plisado(skirt) tableado
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.