In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The rupture involved all layers of the aortic wall, but the mediastinal pleura remained intact.
- The mass infiltrated the overlying pleura and adjacent lungs.
- It may cause interstitial lung disease by diffusely involving the pleura, interlobular septa, and pulmonary bronchovascular bundles.
- Metastases were present in the vertebral bodies, spleen, peritoneum, pleura, adrenal glands, visceral and parietal pericardium, and multiple lymph nodes.
- Encysted effusion may be confused with a mass lesion of the pleura, mediastinum, chest wall and lungs.
- The mediastinal pleura is then incised over the length of the esophagus, avoiding injury to any neural or major vascular structures.
- There were several small distant metastases in the upper lobe of the same lung and in the opposite pleura or subpleural lung parenchyma.
- Manifestations of disease of the lung and of the pleura have become less evident and less characteristic on plain films as exposures have decreased.
- Explanations for the cytokeratin immunoreactivity include locally entrapped mediastinal pleura or pulmonary epithelium.
- One patient demonstrated multiple recurrences on the chest wall, with eventual direct extension to the pericardium, pleura, and lung.
- The tumor frequently extended to the adjacent lung parenchyma, bronchi, visceral pleura, and mediastinal soft tissues.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.