In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pleuresía femininepleuritis feminine
- Most cases are asymptomatic, but some present with hemoptysis, cough, chest pain, dyspnea, and pleurisy.
- He learned to recognize pneumonia, bronchiectasis, pleurisy, emphysema, pneumothorax, phthisis, and other lung diseases from the sounds he heard with his stethoscope.
- I accept her evidence that recurring pneumonia and pleurisy and an arthritic condition significantly interfered with that effort in the spring of 2002.
- The sole patient with benign pleural disease showing a mediastinal pleural involvement on MRI was identified pathologically as tuberculous pleurisy.
- In 1859, when she was staying at her grandparents' home, Lotty became ill with bronchitis and pleurisy, diseases which seem to have affected her for the rest of her life.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.