In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(conspirator)conspirador masculineconspiradora feminine
- The plotters were arrested in September 2006, just a few months after the country broke away from Serbia.
- The Russians could not be allowed, in putting the mutiny down, to decimate the force on which the plotters planned to rely.
- Guy Fawkes and the plotters wanted to strike.
- They are plotters, dissemblers, manipulators, murderers of children, fanatics.
- One of the plotters was a man called Francis Tresham.
- Geoffrey was one of the key plotters against his father, rising twice in rebellion.
- The state said he was one of the key plotters.
- Who were the plotters, the conspirators?
- Now, we don't know who the coup plotters are.
- The coup failed, and 69 accused coup plotters were later executed after secret trials before military tribunals.
- Three weeks after the attack, one of the principal plotters had been arrested, and other arrests quickly followed.
- All the plotters agree they want to get rid of him.
- He celebrated 40 years of being the most famous plotter on the planet.
- Asked to comment on the plot rumours, Mandela reiterated his confidence in the three alleged plotters.
- The plotters escaped from London for the Midlands.
- In his confession, Fawkes claimed that he was approached by Thomas Wintour in the Easter of 1604 to join the plotters.
- The names and details were duly supplied by the plotters.
- Others decided to spill the beans about the 25 Tory tea-room plotters.
- Perez told reporters that one of the plotters would then become the coup leader.
- His efforts to recover control drove the plotters to drastic action.
2Technology Computingtrazador de gráficos masculine
- Another downside to this situation is that data, including GPS waypoints, will be lost when the plotters are updated.
- Here you select a plotter, plot style table, a variety of plot options, and the final paper size in the Page Setup Manager.
- Once aboard, your chart plotter safely brings you to your deserted isle.
- A high-quality color printer / plotter is in high demand during regular business hours.
- Less than a decade ago, the electrostatic plotter was the top-of-the-line plotter.
- I was an AutoCAD user, back in the days when pen plotters were the state-of-the-art.
- He told us that a list of waypoints can be accessed by pressing the "WPT" button on the chart plotter.
- Chart plotters are among today's most popular electronic navigation aids.
- Plotters used for real time navigation should be controlled by dedicated keypads with perhaps a few "soft" keys.
- When color output is needed, the CAD operator matches the color number with the plotter's pen number.
- We also use electronic charts with our GPS chart plotter.
- The prototype uses a writing arm similar to an architectural plotter to sign books.
- The course plotters built into many GPS receivers are the most basic.
- Integrating cartography with the GPS position information creates a true chart plotter rather then a simple course plotter.
- Features include a large LCD and a plotter for interactive real-time viewing and for producing paper records.
- The main piece of equipment he uses is the GPS plotter.
- They used fourteen 67-foot rolls of paper on their plotter, producing mission-specific maps and intelligence products.
- All of these programs will print their patterns on an ordinary home computer printer or a plotter.
- GPS, radars, and chart plotters are computerized electronic devices and are subject to periodic failures.
- The platform also offers new elements for user interfaces, and better capacity for integration with corporate networks, applications and peripheral equipment, such as plotters, scanners, etc.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.