In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(peripheral/appliance) que se enchufa
- Other handsets will presumably be supported through plug-in modems.
- A simple plug-in diffuser that disperses a dog appeasing pheromone into the room is available at some veterinary practices.
- The lawnbeater is one of those plug-in kinds, so I get the grass down in largeish arcs around the electrical outlets - I have a lot of extension cords.
- Then, within your company or industry group, you can buy the operating system and the plug-in tools that you need, and adapt them to your works.
- A USB (Universal Serial Bus) is a type of plug-in connection which connects electronic devices to computers.
- A few years ago I remember seeing advertisements for plug-in household ionisers that freshen the air and make you feel more wide awake.
- A plug-in wiring connector will be attached to the back socket.
- Remove plug-in appliances from the bathroom to avoid the risk of electric shock, and set the temperature on the water heater no higher than 120 F to prevent burns.
- With no plug-in entertainment apart from the radio, it is nothing short of wonderful.
- Nowadays, I leave Britain armed with insect repellant of the plug-in type, plus spray, plus personal roll-on repellant.
- It is a plug-in burglar alarm that connects instantly to any electrical socket outlet.
- The keyboard consists of a base, plus various keyboard plug-in modules that can be tailored to specific functions.
- We envision a basic application that provides a framework for Internet telephony using plug-in modules to accomplish the various tasks to be performed.
2Computing(module/software) de plug-in(module/software) de extensión(module/software) adicional
1plug-in masculineextensión feminine
- A creative mind can do miracles with the plug-in, as the software is able to clone objects and adjust them to the new background in such a way, that they get an artistic effect.
- No additional software or plug-ins are required.
- It took me a while to realise that this was referring to a plug-in you need to view the site, and not their advice to you before entering the restaurant.
- First off, the user has to invest a good amount of time to download the plug-ins and the software necessary to view the on-line projects.
- An additional feature is that sites can be built in most foreign languages without additional software or plug-ins.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.