In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Politics Philosophy Sociology Religionpluralismo masculine
- The old liberal pluralism holds that each of us has rights as an individual: this is the idea that has animated social progress for generations.
- The crisis raises serious questions of the ethics of democratic co-existence and religious pluralism vis-a-vis the state.
- Also it was argued that state funding of parties would promote political pluralism.
- ‘I already proposed that the they should revert to the coalition principle of four or five parties where pluralism is clearly felt,’ he said.
- We want to allow political pluralism, but when we adopt a program, we want our members to rally behind it.
- From this standpoint, religion is a good thing as long as it embraces pluralism and tolerates moral ambiguity, but intense and exclusive forms of religion are a menace to the free society.
- Jones also underlines the importance of political pluralism, the rule of law (equality before the law) and a free press for sustained intensive growth.
- The exclusion of such parties from our electoral system undermines our claim to political pluralism.
- Instead, pluralism sees many minorities vying with one another in different policy areas.
- He preached pluralism, by which he meant the autonomy of organizations such as broadcasting bodies, parties, and trade unions, while affirming the need for a strong centralized state.
- Yet religious pluralism is unavoidable because of the ineffability or complexity of God.
- I admire the pluralism of postmodern cities that arises from the personal autonomy that comes with privatized beliefs-but that is not possible and will not be possible for most of the world.
- Political pluralism also tends to exercise some moderation or restraint on unbridled nationalism.
- Even discussing theology and religion is a new phenomenon that emerged only in the conditions of religious pluralism.
- The mushrooming of political parties, syndicates, and newspapers signals a nascent political pluralism upon which democracy can be built.
- The ideal of national unity informed political speech, but the diversity of populations called for guarantees of political pluralism and for economic integration.
- On the other hand, politicians have been markedly reluctant to reduce pluralism in office holding, which is largely responsible for establishing them as a caste.
- Of course, all of this is addressed in the broader context of religious pluralism in the American political system.
- Other religious groups representing Christians, Hindus, and Buddhists, had also raised similar concerns, saying the existing article protects pluralism in Indonesia.
- "Our society has shifted so much toward pluralism in terms of politics, culture and religion among other things that we cannot know what the truth is.
- Pluralism is a competency, not just mere subjective relativism, but ethical pluralism.
- Influenced by emerging national movements and demands for political pluralism, Slovenia held its first party elections in 1990.
- One thing is on the side of pluralism, however-the country's longstanding constitutional principles that affirm equality and social justice for all.
- Both suggest the need for pluralism - recognizing the diverse knowledges and interests involved.
- Politically, civil society relies on the separation of powers, political pluralism and public access to state and public affairs.
- Philosophically, pluralism rests on the assumption that ultimate reality is many, multiple, that is, more than one or two.
- What our children should learn from the study of history is the importance of institutions that sustain the principles of human rights, the rule of law, and political pluralism.
- Second is the value and strength of pluralism, based on a concept of legitimate difference.
- We live in the days of pluralism, when all faiths and religions are of equal worth.
- Philosophical pluralism is the rejection of truth for it reckons that every opinion, standard and value is relative, and men must not criticise anyone else's morality or religion.
- Perhaps the most evident aspect of post-modernism when some attempt to apply it to Christianity is the emphasis on this cultural pluralism as the defining principle of faith in practice.
- It's a university which is committed to pluralism, a university in which you've got Arab and Jewish students, a university which is committed to the pursuit of peace.
- We have a story of freedom, pluralism and a dynamic economy that is worth telling.
- Yet, given more time, the halting experiment with political pluralism might have evolved in a more positive direction.
- Traditionally, of course, pluralism in religious matters was deemed a sign of impiety and indifference to God's truth.
- Yesterday's decision also undermines one of the public school system's most important functions: teaching democracy and pluralism.
- Modern societies are said to be characterized by deep diversity and cultural pluralism.
- There is also a growing freedom of expression, pluralism and a free press which is much wider than it was a few years ago.
- The major finding was the desire for methodological pluralism, even among mainstream faculty.
- Social pluralism requires us to recognize all affected stakeholder interests, especially the interests of those whose welfare is at risk.
- Genuine respect for ‘otherness’ entails much more than modern religious pluralism can deliver.
- Postmodernist beliefs therefore tend to a multiculturalist pluralism and relativism.
- Everyone wants democracy, respect of human rights, political pluralism, freedom of the press, and a general amnesty to be issued.
- Tribal governments are, very often, collectivist in their economics, allowing little space for internal pluralism of news media or business enterprises.
- If it becomes a democracy and political pluralism would flourish, the economy would flourish in the region, and then we can go about having regional peace and stability.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.