In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Linguisticspluralizarponer en plural
- My biggest beef, though, is with the erroneous use of apostrophes to pluralize acronyms and abbreviations like CEOs, GIs, and CDs.
- Now I know how to pluralise a remarkable number of nouns.
- Intriguingly, in all 102 instances that I recorded of the phrase ‘failed businessman’ appearing in print media, only once was it a direct quotation; this is also the one time when it was pluralised.
- They certainly never learned how to pluralize nouns ending in ‘y.’
- If the compound is pluralized, the plural morpheme attaches only to the second element, not to the first, or to both: girl-friends, * girls-friends, * girls-friend.
- He argued that ‘you cannot pluralise civilisation.
- Various theologies compete for attention in a highly pluralized field, and no theology has made much of a public impact.
- It is insufficient already because it only pluralizes the perspective of observation and precisely fails to enter into the position of the participants.
- In recent years, Australian society has differentiated and pluralised.
- In line with this trend, the newly pluralized social landscape also saw the appearance of a host of religious activists with backgrounds and interests different from those of classically-educated Muslim scholars (ulama).
- So preparation is a behavior whose first motion instantly pluralizes itself.
- Contemporary Western feminist theory in the 1980s moved beyond the dialogues that sought to differentiate feminisms from each other and instead began to articulate a more pluralized notion of feminism at its core.
1formar el plural
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.