In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(clothing) de talla grande
- Overweight people often have to shop in certain areas of department stores or at plus-size stores.
- Last year alone, clothing retailers sold $17 billion worth of plus-size apparel and that's the beginning.
- Check out this website for invaluable information on plus-size women and pregnancy.
- The veteran designer creates special-occasion clothes exclusively for plus-size women.
- Wearing size- 16/18 clothes, I accepted that I was destined to shop in the plus-size section for the rest of my life.
- He recounts a recent conversation with one very high-end designer in which they were discussing the opportunities in plus-size apparel for women.
- Every item in our fashion spread this week comes from a plus-size collection, proving you don't have to resemble a stick of celery in order to find fabulous fashions for this spring and summer.
- ‘I wore a size 22 as a teen and had to buy my clothes in the women's plus-size section,’ she recalls.
- Mateo wanted to hear more about the finer details of the product placement of plus-size clothing in the department store where her mother worked.
- To celebrate her sister's curves and those of other's with similar builds, the university fashion graduate designed a line for plus-size women.
- I accepted the fact that I was heavy and would have to shop at plus-size clothing stores for the rest of my life.
- A perfect fit: ‘after losing 95 pounds, I no longer have to buy my clothes from the plus-size section of department stores.’
- I continued with my unhealthful eating habits and felt more miserable as the weight came on, but I did nothing about it except buy larger plus-size clothes.
- Seeing a plus-size woman as the star of a TV show - good for the community.
- I think their clothes are cut to fit plus-size teenagers.
- The plus-size niche currently accounts for 20 percent of the total apparel market.
- The younger, slimmer, consumer can select from the same variety of garments as a younger, plus-size consumer; hip-huggers, low-rider jeans and chic wrap skirts are appropriate in all sizes.
- These days, I no longer have to shop in the plus-size section of the store.
- A curvaceous size 18 herself, she has made a business out of catering to plus-size women in a way that no department store can match.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.