In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1signo (de) más masculine
- In the results area I click the little plus sign on the left and it adds the contact info to my addressbook.
- Levels of support are coded as filled circles, open circles and plus signs.
- A win is recorded by a plus sign (+) in that player's column.
- If you click on a plus sign, the folders within that drive will appear just below the drive in the same window.
- A plus sign on the left indicated that a correct response had been made to the response cue, while a plus sign on the right indicated that a correct response was made to the target.
- A plus sign (+) means the real thickness is greater than the number posted, while a minus sign (-) means the real thickness is less the number posted.
- I certainly miss having a big plus sign on my bank balance instead of the big negative one I have now.
- Species are counted and the group (hypercarnivorous vs. nonhypercarnivorous) with more species receives a plus sign; the group with fewer species receives a minus.
- The first plus sign indicated performance on the tone task and the second plus sign indicated performance on the shape-matching task.
- Then there is a series of mysterious symbols, an open circle and a plus sign repeated throughout the Georgian house.
- Often searching for a phrase works better than just using the plus sign between words.
- A plus sign indicates the presence of the insertion, and a minus sign indicates the absence of one.
- Clicking on a plus sign enables you to view the entire comment, or you can expand or collapse all comments with a single click.
- A plus sign indicates that one set of strategies or another was used to deal with the environmental issues.
- The plus sign (+) denotes amplification and the minus sign (-) indicates no amplification.
- The process is represented in Figure 10.1 where a plus sign indicates that a variable has a positive affect on deforestation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.