- The other view promises expanded democracy and giving the people, not plutocrats, control of government.
- And in feudal states, plutocrats with the greatest wealth owned the apparatus of governance and held absolute control over the lives of average people.
- The multimillionaire plutocrat is officially a resident of Portugal, where he owns a golf estate.
- Destroying the ability of journalists to conduct investigative reporting using anonymous sources benefits only the one group threatened by investigative reporting, the plutocrats.
- Here corrupt officials - and the plutocrats they enriched through questionable business practices - are making little effort to hide their ill-gotten gains, but actually flaunt them.