In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(tablero en varias capas) contrachapado masculine
- I remember drawing the plan using a piece of finished plywood as my drafting table.
- A router is the best tool to use on long pieces, as long pieces of plywood can be hard to handle on a table saw.
- At last we dove into an old abandoned house, all the doors were locked and the windows boarded up with pieces of molding plywood.
- Plastic floor is ideal for paved surfaces and is much cheaper than plywood floors.
- The sides of the grave were all boarded up with sheets of plywood.
- The post and timber fence is not constructed in plywood, it is softwood.
- The units are made of plywood with a maple veneer, and are attached to the wall studs.
- Yesterday, the street remained closed and plywood boards were put up on barriers on all roads leading into the street.
- Be sure there is no excess glue on the planks before placing the plywood on top.
- Cut up some pieces of plywood ahead of time to use as holding forms, and clamp every thing down.
- The troops' base camp was a burned-out hotel, which had been patched up with plywood and corrugated iron.
- Brice paints on large plywood panels, predominantly in black and white house paint which he applies in a scrubbing motion.
- Survivors are jammed together in windowless plywood barracks hurriedly built by the army.
- The bookcases are handsome things assembled from varnished plywood.
- All three projects can be easily and inexpensively made in a matter of hours from a few scrap sheets of plywood.
- Apart from some weatherboards and plywood for the floor, all his building materials were recycled.
- My new desk appeared, or part of it did, in the form of a cut sheet of eight by four high quality beech veneered plywood.
- Constance walked over to the shattered window which was now covered with a sheet of plywood.
- Shanty towns made of tin, plywood and salvaged materials rise along the highway and stretch for miles.
- At this time I decided to use pine wood and some plywood: cheap materials and easy to work with using the tools I had.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.