In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pulmonía feminineneumonía feminine
- After initial improvement she developed pneumonia and died 17 days after admission.
- There are immunisations for several of the infections that can cause pneumonia.
- It is quite possible that she would have died had she developed an infection such as pneumonia.
- Doctors originally concluded she died from pneumonia and heart disease.
- His family was informed he was suffering from pneumonia caused by fluid in his lungs.
- Smoking cessation also reduces the risk of death after a stroke and of death from pneumonia and influenza.
- The Doctors said I had whooping cough and pneumonia and that I would have to stay in hospital for the next few months.
- He then fell ill with pneumonia and died after a lung collapsed and he suffered kidney failure.
- The bacteria, which can cause a serious form of pneumonia were found after a routine inspection.
- I heard a few weeks ago that Claire had pneumonia and was in hospital.
- But he died after contracting a chest infection which turned into pneumonia.
- Avian influenza begins as a respiratory infection and can develop into pneumonia that is often fatal.
- He had been suffering from throat cancer and had recently been battling pneumonia.
- Zinc supplementation reduces the incidence of diarrhoea and pneumonia and improves growth.
- The most common type of pneumonia is bronchopneumonia, which affects the bronchioles.
- The cold developed into pneumonia, which turned out to be a symptom of leukaemia.
- The commonest infection is a type of pneumonia, a serious lung infection.
- The symptoms of bird flu in people vary from typical flu symptoms to eye infections and pneumonia.
- Pregnant women who get chickenpox or shingles have a higher than normal risk of developing pneumonia.
- Secondary infections such as pneumonia are the main causes of death from malnutrition.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.