In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Only eight of the 24 patients with post-procedure pneumothorax received chest tubes to re-expand their lungs.
- The most common complications reported are infection and pneumothorax.
- Also known as pneumothorax, a collapsed lung is treated by reinflating the lung.
- A small spontaneous pneumothorax in the absence of lung disease will most likely resolve without intervention.
- Patients with spontaneous pneumothorax do not have clinically apparent lung disease.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.