In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1poema masculinepoesía feminine
- He said they also used old poems and ballads which were used as lyrics for the songs.
- After you've completed the evaluation, you'll read some of my poems to get an idea of how to go about it.
- I had ideas for a poem last week while I was driving back from one of our other sites.
- When he's not writing protest poems about saving rocks, Albert ponders the meaning of life.
- Modern readers continue to debate whether the poems express platonic friendship or sexual love.
- So many of her poems express some combination of confusion and lament about the decline.
- The group spent the morning working on a descriptive piece of writing and poems about people they knew.
- Here again the listless rhythms gather images and ideas into poems of real power.
- After the elegies and hymns and poems, the retired minister rose to speak on tottering legs but with a voice like a vice.
- It was a grand affair, with troop parades, poems, songs, a feast and the unveiling of a trophy.
- I, too, hung up the receiver and went into my room to check some books for ideas of fall poems.
- We discover why the epic poem is considered one of the greatest works of the human spirit.
- Like Paradise Lost this piece is both a moral and political treatise and an epic poem.
- No, Kylie has written a poem especially for the piece which has been incorporated into the score!
- Extant works include ecclesiastical poems, rhythmical verse, and a number of letters.
- Without the old winters, a lot of our seasonal poems, rhymes and novels don't make sense.
- Her class had been preparing for his visit by writing autumn poems of their own and reading some of his books.
- Parents were treated to a morning of songs, poems and music by their Junior Classes.
- The friends wrote the original stories, poems and songs that are used on the CDs and provided the voices.
- He wasn't going to be able to write great passionate love poems or poems of travel.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.