In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(poems)poesía feminine(book) de poesía(book) de poesías(book) de poemaspoetry reading — recital de poesía masculine
- Women also bring to poetry or other genres of literature a whole new area of experience and vision.
- Do you think that poetry is still valid as a form of personal expression?
- The emphasis here is on how Donne's love poetry becomes an apology of verse itself.
- Had Surrey never written a line of poetry, his life would still be worth recounting.
- It is founded on the French tradition of the dream as a vehicle for love poetry.
- This book has tremendous appeal to the literary students of poetry and to teachers.
- It deals with the time factor employed in or between lines or units or strophes of poetry.
- In the classical set of genres, poetry was epic or lyric according to the degree in which the poet's direct voice was heard.
- I was brought up with the idea that poetry should rhyme; shape poems and the like were unheard of.
- Many students would be happier if poetry was poetry, and criticism was criticism.
- Literature is a masculinist invention; poetry in particular is a spectacular form of male display.
- His father, also called Michael, instilled in his son a love of Irish poetry and ballads.
- His love poetry takes a different line from that of his contemporaries.
- The poetry and literature was often a mirror of how the king and the aristocracy who surrounded him liked to think of themselves.
- She isn't always forcing the subjects of her poetry into metaphors about alienation.
- Because he did not have any formal education in art, his aesthetic ideas derived from poetry and literature.
- Drama, literature, and poetry all work out ideas of standards of behaviour and their consequences.
- The same question can therefore be raised in relation to the whole genre of poetry.
- It's a story of American culture in transition, of music in the air, of politics and of art, of literature and of poetry.
- For as well as a term relevant to expressive theories of poetry, voice is a narratological concept.
2literary(beauty)poesía feminine literaryshe was poetry in motion — era pura poesía
- To some it's as mundane as plumbing, but to me the connection of A to B is pure poetry.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.