In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de apuntar y disparar
- Most zoom point-and-shoot cameras, for example, have a viewfinder that automatically adjusts your view as you zoom in or out.
- Most point-and-shoot cameras have a minimum focusing distance of around 1 1/2 to 2 feet.
- Some SLR and point-and-shoot cameras provide a landscape-exposure mode that automatically sets a small aperture for you.
- An analogy between point-and-shoot photography and desktop design analysis isn't that far-fetched.
- The images are competitive with most 5-megapixel point-and-shoot cameras, but they don't rise above the pack.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.