In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1punto de vista masculineto express one's point of view — expresar su (or mi etc.) punto de vista
- she looks at it from a different point of view — ella lo ve desde otro punto de vista
- from the point of view of efficiency/the consumer — desde el punto de vista de la eficiencia/del consumidor
- It is crucial to let both sides publicly express their opposing points of view.
- I'd be interested in having South-African and American points of view on this particular matter.
- There are no shared truths, everything is a personal statement, a point of view, an attitude.
- Also, who are you willing to discuss these questions with, and how will you consider all the different points of view seriously?
- The editors reject any notion that the purpose of an election campaign is to have the broadest possible discussion of political issues, in which the clash of opposing points of view can educate public opinion.
- I would encourage the dissemination of divergent points of view, no matter how scorned might be their purveyors.
- My question is why people can't understand my point of view on the matter?
- Consider the points of view of a pair of seasoned facility executives.
- I propose to make use of a simple image to consider the alternative points of view.
- Leader of the Council, Counc John Hanscomb, said the proposals had caused deep public concern, and all points of view should be considered.
- Considered from a psychological point of view, he must be appreciated as a pathological personality.
- Arguments would be stalled just long enough for the protagonists to consider their opponents' points of view.
- No matter what your point of view is, people are more important than plants and buildings.
- Attitudes, points of view and belief systems need examining this week to see whether they're still relevant.
- If played with people who are not keen on presenting their points of view (no matter how faulty) then the game becomes pointless.
- I think that it is important to step back and see it from a different point of view when you are considering what to do.
- Assuming a role of a communicator, he takes pride in looking at matters from a different point of view.
- You don't consider her points of view and the way she carries herself to be overly dramatic, and exaggerated?
- Get opposite points of view and consider all options.
- Having listened and considered the points of view presented within the panels, attendees were asked to select areas of interest that they would wish to deliberate.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.