In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Physics Electricity Chemistrypolaridad feminine
- The sun's surface layer is divided into alternating bands of electric charge, either positive or negative, and each band has a different magnetic polarity.
- Be sure to observe the correct polarity of the DC voltage.
- There's a groove in the head that must correspond with a ridge in one side of the track to ensure proper polarity.
- The integrated circuit device, in turn, possesses at minimum a source elect rode and a drain electrode of the same polarity.
- Yet, anyone who played with magnets as a child has felt how magnetic fields of like polarities repel each other.
- Now if this theory is correct, the earth's poles will switch polarity, leading to Armageddon.
- When the burst of electrical current ends the magnetic field reverses polarity.
- In a floppy disc, for example, you can store ones and zeros by exposing the ferromagnetic surface of the disc to magnets with different polarities (polarity refers to the orientation of the north and south poles of the magnet).
- By utilizing a small magnetic head in close proximity to the disk, the polarity of the magnetic field on an OSD drive can be switched at a very high frequency.
- Axis alignment does not specify the direction of polarity, only the relationship between the axis and some external reference.
- Second, a change in orientation and polarity of the stretching lineation and shear bands is observed in the footwall towards the Nesna shear zone.
- The amount of siliceous materials present at the aggregate surface changes its polarity and acidity as well as the basic characteristics of the surfaces.
- The clouds of gas swirled and mixed as their electrons changed polarity, flickering colors that moved with the solar winds of a million suns.
- All electrical instruments should be grounded using a three-prong plug that attaches to a proper grounded receptacle with the correct polarity.
- The geologic record indicates that reversals in magnetic polarity happen quickly and frequently, relative to the pace of organic evolution.
- That's because the sun's magnetic field begins flipping polarity, and the disordered field can't efficiently deflect dust particles.
- Activity in the mantle may also have been responsible for the changeable nature of the Earth's magnetic polarity, which swung from reverse early in the Triassic to normal and back to reverse many times throughout the rest of the era.
- Magnets with opposite polarity can be applied directly opposite or distally along a line or acupuncture meridian located nearest the affected area.
- Pigeons released with an earth strength magnetic field around their heads vanish in slightly different directions depending on the polarity of the magnetic field.
- This time there will be one major difference, though: even if the Sun will once again be close to a minimum in activity, its magnetic field polarity will be opposite to that during the first polar pass.
2(sharp contrast)polaridad feminine
- First is the duality obvious in all of Carter's work: polarity of opinion, love/hate, but also the contrast between the decorative and the practical in her work, the imprecise and the rigorous.
- You can access your deep understanding, application, and synthetical abilities dealing with the concept of paradox, polarity, and opposition.
- This may account, at least in part, for her tendency to organize disagreement into opposing polarities.
- What is it about this phenomenon which causes such a polarity of opinion?
- All the dichotomies and polarities can be dissolved and forgiven in that blessed moment of utter peace and tranquility.
- It's a difficult thing to be modern in the field of performing arts in India, because in our context there's no sense of polarity or binary opposition.
- However, Orisa… the forces of nature that run through and around this planet, have been interpreted in this male/female polarity.
- With the ideological polarity of the cold war, the UN procedures for collective security were still-born (as either of the superpowers and their allies would veto any action proposed by the other).
- Interestingly enough, a lot of magickal material uses male and female as a way of talking about duality or polarity, self and other etc, - but focuses on the moment where dualism collapses.
- Self and not-self, subject and object, are not contradictories, but dialectical polarities.
- We tell the solstice story in our own lives as we identify the polarities, the conflicting needs and desires, that give rise to our own distress and dis-ease.
- It thrives on the tension between irreconcilable, exclusive, coexisting opposites and the unlikely polarities they represent.
- The dissenting voice that objects to the gynocentric language of difference unwittingly reinforces the prevailing representation of herself, if only because she acquiesces in the notion of difference as opposition, as polarity.
- The polarity between male and female is, following Philo's procedure, often allegorized as an anthropological dualism or dichotomy.
- So, it seemed to me that in the macrocosmic aspect, the controlling factor was tonality, or pitch polarity.
- I tried to work it out so that each one was only part of a great celestial mass of energy with two polarities: Male and Female.
- Dualities such as light/dark thus exist as polarities - two opposite yet complementing aspects of a whole.
- Steiner even speaks of the tension between the search for community and the experience of individuality, which, he believed, are not really contradictions but represent polarities rooted in human nature.
- Indeed, it has been argued that the discourse of race in the United States is founded on the dichotomy, and polarity, of black and white.
- In every aspect of life, polarities are inevitable: We want to live, yet we must die.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.