In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
(in motor racing)pole feminineprimera línea feminineprimera fila feminineto be in pole position — estar en primera línea / fila en la parrilla de salida
- I had a bad start in race one from pole position, but even with an oversteering car I could keep up with the winner.
- Maldonado took the pole position and the best race lap too, with a tremendous performance.
- Nevertheless, Tom charged as hard as ever, hoping to grab 10th place and pole position for race two.
- Charlie Hollings started the race from pole position after securing the quickest time at Spa back in April.
- He qualified on pole position for race one and led it all the way.
- He started the last two races from the pole position.
- Qualifying in pole position he held the race to the finish followed by Akshay Patel in second and K.V. Dheeraj in third.
- Turkington did everything right on Saturday when he qualified on pole position for his first race with Vauxhall.
- As the cloud cover came over for the first time, so Viso and Carroll powered out of the pitlane and into the race for pole position.
- He won the pole position at Texas Motor Speedway in September of 2002 and finished a career-best third in that event.
- Last year, I started on pole position but the two races also didn't work out.
- In both races, Skinner earned the pole position in qualifying and then went on to capture the checkered flag.
- Turkington started race two from pole position but was passed by Muller into the first corner.
- Finishing the race in 8th position would have normally allowed Borja to start the Sunday race from pole position tomorrow.
- What is your feeling now that you are in pole position and the race might not happen tomorrow?
- Rockenfeller responded with the fastest time in every practice session, the pole position and the race victory.
- Travis Gregg has won the pole position at both races in 2005, and has started on the front row in all five races in his career.
- It was a very unhappy and undeserving ending after a great pole position on Saturday and after leading the race for most of the time till the last few laps.
- Zanardi finishes eighth to take a World Championship point and secures pole position for the second race.
- Fernando Alonso drove a superb lap this afternoon at Silverstone to grab the pole position for the 2005 British Grand Prix.
2(leading position)posición de ventaja feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.