In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1informante de la policía masculine
- And he confessed that he'd been involved in the murder of this individual, who was apparently a police informer of some sort.
- Rather than protest or opposition, this discontent gave rise to a sense of apathy and resignation, a situation that was vividly described in the report of a police informer in January 1939.
- I enclose a summary of his paid activities as a police informer.
- Those orders are perfectly normal orders to protect the names of police informers and persons of a similar kind.
- The applicants compare the situation to that of the police informers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.