In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1agente femininepolicía feminine
- The police officers on patrol saw the car weave at least five times across the centre of the road.
- He was found unconscious in an armchair by police officers who had called at the couple's home.
- What is wrong with having a distinction between police staff and police officers?
- Three police officers were present at the arrest, and we have a statement from each of them.
- Her mother and two police officers were there, as she had been reported missing.
- Something else is that police officers can get away with things which the public can't.
- He has been under effective house arrest for almost a year now, guarded by four police officers.
- A man identified by four police officers as the Appellant opened the door and invited her in.
- The police officers are, if anything, a little bored when the first action occurs.
- The police officers will also patrol the nearby villages of Steeton and Eastburn.
- We are looking to have a physical barrier, whether it is a fence or a ring of police officers has yet to be decided.
- When police officers go to homes which have been burgled, they will take these packs with them.
- He was thwarted because the searching police officers had bolted the door from the inside.
- Certainly there was no discussion of any kind as to what action the police officers should take.
- Nationwide, complaints about police officers rose for the first time in four years.
- He stated that he had not spoken to the police officers prior to the arrest of the Appellants.
- One of Bolton's top police officers has left the town to become head of the force in Bury.
- I will work to prevent police officers from filling forms in every time they stop somebody.
- Local police officers attended and gave away colouring books and crayons to children.
- Investigations are continuing and police officers are in talks with local schools.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.