1Politicspolítica feminineeconomic/foreign policy — política económica/exterior
- they adopted a policy of neutrality — adoptaron una política de neutralidad
- it is government policy to reduce inflation — la reducción de la inflación es una de las directrices de la política gubernamental
- policy on sth
- their policy on education — su política en materia de educación / en cuanto a educación
- this government has no policy on wages — este gobierno no tiene una política salarial / de salarios
- before noun policy decision — decisión de política / de estrategia
- policy statement — declaración de política
- This was the start of the policy of internment, which would terrorise Catholics for four years.
- It has been the policy of successive Governments not to provide funds for memorials.
- Imperialist war is not simply the policy of this or that political leader or party.
- However, this did not mean the end of the policy of support for the pound.
- As a whole this group has failed to propose an active policy for the working class.
- The third reason for the absence of revolution was thus the policy of the Communist party.
- The policies that the Government proposes to change have been in place for all that period.
- In west Africa, few countries have adopted national policies to implement these principles.
- They are not compatible with Liberal Democrat party policies and principles.
- In this way, the material basis of the policy of social equilibrium is eaten away.
- The policy of war abroad is invariably bound up with political repression at home.
- If you accept toughness as the test of your policies, why not adopt the toughest policy of all?
- Its real failure was that it adopted the policies that you now propose for the SEP.
- Instead of really disciplining themselves on the policy of growth, what do they do?
- One controversial form of this has been the policy of affirmative redistricting.
- He might take it as a national mandate to pursue the policy of truculent unilateralism.
- There never was an era when the policy of the Lesser Evil made less sense than now.
- I would also ask the committee to consider adopting a policy of precautionary principle.
- The Commissioners meet once a week to develop and adopt proposals on new policies and legislation.
- That means working in the United Nations for the rule of law, not the policy of might is right.
(standard practice, plan)política feminineinvestment policy — política de inversión
- her policy is to ignore him — su táctica es no hacerle ni caso
- it is good/bad policy — es/no es recomendable
- I always ask her first as a matter of policy — tengo por norma preguntarle primero a ella
- policy on sth
- company policy on advertising — la política de la compañía / la línea que sigue la compañía en materia de publicidad
1masculine segurofeminine póliza de seguroshe took out a new policy — se hizo un nuevo seguro
- The failure to inform the lenders of the broker's fraud induced them to think that valid policies were in place.
- I was not made aware that the policy covered both FOQ's costs and those of the defendants.
- With-profits policies are a type of insurance policy used by many people to save for a pension.
- Help the Aged and Age Concern both have insurance divisions which offer policies with no upper age limit.
- You can buy policies from your mortgage provider, bank, and an insurance broker.
- We will only provide a refund if a claim has not been made under the policy in the current period of insurance.
- If the driver was covered by a policy of insurance there would usually be no need for such an action.
- You are not obliged to assign a life assurance policy to cover a mortgage on a rental property.
- If you don't inform your insurance company your policy could be invalidated.
- Sometimes, people have no idea that they have a policy with an insurance company.
- For many of us, the biggest asset in our estate will be the proceeds of our life assurance policies.
- Couples with children may be better to opt for two single policies instead of a joint life policy.
- A valued policy is a policy which specifies the agreed value of the subject matter insured.
- Pet owners also need to be aware of the difference between annual policies and life contracts.
- In respect of Assureds domiciled elsewhere policies will be issued by the Underwriters.
- Bear in mind that the MVA is only applied if money is taken out of the fund - if the policy is cashed in.
- Beneficiaries either did not have insurance, or their policies did not cover the full costs of the damage.
- This policy pays a lump sum to the mortgage lender to pay off your home loan so your family does not get any cash payment directly.
- I was told by my insurance company that my policy didn't cover cameras when checked as luggage.
- It must also be borne in mind that the insurer was aware of the terms of the dredging contract when the policy was issued.