In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1político masculinepolítica feminine
- When this becomes a habit, it is a danger to the public, the politician and the police.
- That is money in the bank for any politician seeking high office in America.
- She is delivered to her father, a politician who presides over the policing of his town.
- Isn't it funny how everyone likes to vote, except if it involves a politician?
- Local politicians in Hampshire are this week being urged to lead the way in the field of fire safety.
- Demonstrators hold up banners in their languages and local politicians speak them.
- There can be no more damning accusation today than to accuse a politician of believing in politics.
- Generations of local politicians fought for decent homes for all in this area.
- They will come back with a vengeance if the politicians they have elected let them down.
- Do the politicians we elect have the right to force us to live more healthily?
- Each of the fifty states has a constitution and set of laws; each elects politicians.
- There was a time when local politicians undertook civic duties as a way of serving the community.
- This can be fatal in a politician, since politics is a matter of choosing your enemies carefully.
- I am also surprised at the muted and fatalistic response so far from the local politicians.
- Yes, I was not trained to become a minister or a politician, but you learn on the job.
- We tend to elect politicians to change things, and then kick them when they do.
- Some of our local politicians must also stop making excuses for these children.
- It used to be possible to guess the political party of a politician by accent.
- Sitting here in front of him in his Stormont Office, I see the formidable politician he has become.
- You can't have people inferring a democratically elected politician is a terrorist.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.