In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Tales of disrespect by GOP politicos towards blacks is common and well-known.
- A hardcore politico cannot use those words, even though a hardcore politico is likely to hear that song and mistakenly believe it expresses what he believes.
- Has anyone ever calculated the follow-through rate when prominent politicos call for a Constitutional amendment?
- Why do Scottish politicos think ‘public ownership’ a blessing?
- Ever wish you could put the entire gaggle of right-wing pundits and politicos on a ship and send them packing to a distant land?
- The pro-US political consensus here that's so prevalent it's almost invisible - it's just the default for career minded politicos.
- Cultural elites have been replaced by officeholders and politicos, ambitious men who are part of the village bourgeoisie.
- Pennsylvania's GOP politicos have taken the art of line-drawing to a whole new level
- Yet here he is, waffling like politicos the world over.
- First, blog ads are a good way to alert politicos outside your district to the national importance of your race.
- Maybe the politicos in the White House should have thought of that before they switched off their brains and switched on the slime machine back in July.
- These politicos may specialize in polling, campaign advertising, or campaign management.
- I haven't seen the Republican politicos try to do anything about the erosion of the First Amendment.
- The site's pro/con section is also good, with commentary and debate between two politicos on a specific issue.
- When a politico passed through San Francisco, he would wait outside the radio station where they were being interviewed to collect autographs.
- Voters should send a clear message with their ballots in the December elections to all the politicos and political parties: enough is enough.
- The politico blog is ostensibly written by the politico himself, or is at least about the politico's daily activities.
- Our mayoralty, in contrast, in seen as a retirement home for amusing, quirky politicos who couldn't quite hack it in the Commons.
- More messages are flowing to politicos from fewer people thanks to grassroots organizers.
- A good bit of this is probably just wishful thinking on the part of Democratic politicos in Washington.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.