In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sistema de gobierno masculine
- It is a reminder that in the democratic polity of India, all doors of justice are not slammed shut at once.
- Banks and post offices burned as a measure of Arab alienation from Israel's constitutional polity.
- That must be defended at all costs to preserve our pluralism and democratic polity.
- The confidence that nonbelievers can reason morally seems to be a precondition for a religiously plural democratic polity.
- They faced an enormous task of transforming their economies and polities from centralized communist control to the market economies and pluralist democracies that membership required.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.