In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1contaminante masculineagente contaminante masculine
- Habitats in San Francisco Bay are impaired by pollutants including mercury.
- Fugitive emissions can make a significant contribution to total emissions of air pollutants from many industries.
- Recently attention has been focused on the assessment of biological risks of low-level exposure to environmental pollutants.
- Computer models of water currents can also be used to predict the fate of pollutants released into the water.
- Widespread environmental pollutants may retard puberty, suggests a new study of adolescents.
- At each link in the chain, the concentration of pollutants increases.
- Vast factories soon began to pour pollutants into the atmosphere in ever increasing quantities.
- A global pollutant of most aquatic systems, nitrate has the potential to be an endocrine disrupting contaminant.
- However, some studies also focused on the mechanisms by which particles without organic pollutants cause carcinogenic effects.
- The emphasis is not on taxing pollutants or simply outlawing pollutants.
- Studies examining the effects of air pollutants often use a single compound.
- Many scientists have studied the effects of pollutants on the ozone layer, often with startling results.
- The release of industrial pollutants into the atmosphere is believed to accelerate the process.
- The finding could help determine the background levels of various water pollutants.
- Unfortunately for hayfever sufferers, pollen is a natural pollutant of the air.
- There are no direct data to assess the potential effects of contamination by air-borne pollutants on arctic insects.
- Pentachlorophenol (PCP) is a good example of a nasty environmental pollutant.
- Exactly how air pollutants increase the risk of death is not well known.
- Incredibly low concentrations of a pollutant in the environment can be concentrated enormously by the food chain.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.