In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Ecologycontaminación femininepolución femininebefore noun pollution levels — niveles de contaminación
- We in the west need to give careful thought as to how we can reduce environmental pollution.
- Types of air pollution include particulate and gaseous emissions and odour pollution.
- People move or reduce physical activities when air pollution becomes intolerable.
- This is a wasteful process causing a net loss of nitrogen to the animal and pollution of the environment.
- Our pollution will effect people in the world now, and people in the world in years to come.
- The grime of industrial pollution is as far from a middle-class issue as you can get.
- Greenery is a main aspect of our effort to improve air quality and reduce pollution.
- Commercialisation has had the same kind of effect on sport as pollution has on rivers.
- It would also support local jobs and reduce pollution and damage from excess freight.
- Anglers have said for years that the countryside was being damaged by pollution of our waterways.
- More energy is used to cool buildings and more air pollution is created in the form of smog.
- Insidious pollution of the soil is the main cause of extinction of plant species in the UK.
- Governments are making slow progress with the issues of recycling and pollution.
- We are surrounded by pollution which animal tests have clearly failed to prevent.
- You might say that people will never do anything about pollution until someone makes them.
- All it wanted was low levels of pollution and plenty of lime in the water.
- Their environmental impact and contribution to the air pollution of York streets is nil.
- Levels of pollution require drastic measures or else it will commit us to respiratory hell.
- They have also run projects for the children to look at pollution and environmental issues.
- What a waste of our tax money and with such awful cost in pollution and damage.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.